Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Sick in the head ... in a more physical way

So cold

I am in the midst of a raging fever. It was as if the health gremlins materialised and gave my thermostat a good kicking. I think it is being repaired at this moment, but I am feeling a little light headed. Though that may have something to do with the co-codamol laced OJ I am sipping at this moment as well. Cheers! La la la.

(By the way adding the aforementioned dispersible drugs to orange juice from concentrate sort of turns it into the big mass of Kryptonite land at the end of Superman Returns. Yes, it is like eating the drink, with the peaks and the valleys la la la la)

Strange fate did seem to intervene when I decided to retreat to my bed wearing a sweater to watch Hollyoaks (hey, Marina Hyde says it is Richie Benaud's favourite show. I do not countenance the thought she was selling a big, whopping, shiny mcshine fib (you see the narcotics are starting to take control). For I was called upon this evening to be the phone-a-friend for NOT one, but TWO people. Thankfully, when one call came through it was easy-peasey, though the sound of myself hacking up my guts and screaming because my brain felt as if it had been shook loose was saved for afterwards.

To be honest, when I am ill I don't quite think straight. I found myself watching Hell's Kitchen USA instead of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. Then I kept on watching. Until the end. So something was obviously wrong with me. Badly wrong. I also glanced at the show schedule and thought I saw The Crystal Meth. In fact I knew I saw for at least three minutes. I then realised it was The Crystal Maze. It's up there with the time I thought that Seinfeld's end credits featured people with the role of "Pogrom Consultants". Ah, how I laughed at the thought of such old stylee anti-Semitism. How I cried tears of hilarity, triggered by the burning, screaming chaos remembered in tranquility.

(BQC to follow when I am not feeling quite so numberwanged)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home