Monday, September 11, 2006

Nothing to see here...

... please move on

If you don't mind me I think I will just do one of those nothing posts.

No links, no facts, no whipsmart insight.

Bliss. Blank bliss stretching down the page for five or six inches. (there is some sordid innuendo to be drawn out from the previous sentence if you happen to be set that way and happen to read too many obtuse song lyrics)

The truth is I turned on my computer yesterday to find a load of computer warnings as to the presence of filthy spyware and viruses. So I ran an AOL Spyware Protection scan and a Macafee virus scan. Little did I know it would take me five hours and so eat into my working time, so much so I tumbled into bed without doing any proper toil whatsoever.

Today, I was distracted. By ... stuff. You know. The stuff of life. Distractions. And Sky Digital. And especially LA Confidential. Great film. Better than the book with its silly fictionalised Disneyland subplot (yeah Ellroy, you wish Walt committed suicide in some weird love pact).

I was going to do part two of my BQC report but even that is too much. This is because the first half utilised a mere two pages of A5 and still ended up spending three hours writing it and putting in full stops where they were not needed (nope, I am not an innovative literary stylist; I am a rougshod grammarian who values rapidity more than accuracy ... in the end the latter is all that matters). So many comments to translate at the moment, along the lines of "feeling like a rinsed turd" and "I'm as pathetic as a naked obese dancer."

And, well, I did write 300-questions for the BH100. It was too much for everyone.

But like I said, a nothing post.

PS I've had it up to my bloody hairline with Colleen's insufferable "Pretty Woman" ASDA advert. Schoolkid choruses deserve to die in the Antarctic desert, far from human ears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home