Thursday, March 29, 2007

What I Did Last Night

I went to a Richard Herring gig last night. I shouted something out.

This is how it panned out according to his own Warming Up online diary thing...

"I had a couple of nice heckles today, the first asking my why I did not simply tattoo my "gullible" letter on to my chest to save the inconvenience of having to carry it in my pocket. It was an inventive and intelligent interjection, but evenso I laid into the young man, telling him that that would be painful and inconvenient and that there would be times when someone hadn't just done the gullible trick on you and you had your top off and people would think you were a fool. Plus tattoos are expensive. And if you've seen the routine you'll know that you'd need a lot of tattoos. But it was nice to have something to work with, even if I made out on stage that the bloke was an idiot."

Actually, he called me a "TWAT!". But then again, maybe I deserved it. After all audience members are nothing more than scum who deserve vitriol whenever they have the temerity to speak up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home