Monday, February 19, 2007

Monday Round-Up

What I might have done with my weekend

I've been frolicking in the Pine Wood (you see, I'm talking in code). I'm not going to moan and kvetch about a certain National Lottery quiz programme because, quite frankly, you have to play the game and work the system to get the ultimate reward. I don't care much for people who seem to be comparing the whole rigmarole to a crime against humanity. We made the choice to go on the show. Nobody has forced us. And, as if, they owe us anything (comparing it to other quiz show experiences is pointless; this is just starting out; it's in its embryonic form; actually watch it first before you put the knife in). They are trying their best.

Yes, I'll say all this now, but when I get knocked out geysers of rank bitterness will no doubt come forth to engulf everyone who wants to read them.

All Sorts of Bother
We went down into some Westminster catacombs and lost to the Allsorts. Thus, our 100 per cent record is gone with the wind. I have to say there were some terrible errors compounded by a lack of confidence on my part to impart the correct answer (Titian, NBA All Star Game and so on and so forth and on to the end of eternity). I just let it go on several occasions. Let it go. Stayed schtum to my detriment. At half time we took an uncustomary break in order to worry ourselves even more (though I believe we did win the second half; not that makes much difference when we were thrashed to within an inch of our lives during the first).

I can only say that it was disconcerting to be leaked on by the rainwater. Uh-huh, that is exactly why we lost. H20 dripping and splashing and disturbing my mental equilibrium. Not because Gavin put in an utterly brilliant performance of 26 points.

So we have to win our last two games to make sure of the QLL Division 1 title. Victory won't taste quite as sweet without the perfect record. It will taste like supermarket Coca-Cola with a slice of lime sunk in it, I believe, which will be nice enough.

The Cleverness Game in Technicolor
Thanks for the forward Stainer.

A YouTube video of Ray Ward EXPLODING on Balls of Steel.

"I don't think so, I know so. GOT IT?"

Awww. Ray so funny. He make me giggle. AND BE VERY AFRAID.

Starter for 10 for Americans
Look at the trailer for Starter for 10! See how it has been framed for the Americans. It is a campus comedy love triangle thing. No mention of trivia or University Challenge. No quiz questions. Only awkward situations and lurve. And one "wanker" (acceptable over there because hardly anybody knows what a wanker is). Our Transatlantic cousins will be surprised when they first get a sight of Mark Gatiss as Bamber: "I didn't expect no nerdlinger game show I ain't never heard of!" (Spoken in classic James Cagney gangster accent)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home