Wednesday, September 26, 2007

An Atomised QLL Match Report

Broken Hearts 47- Barb 35
New season. Brand new start. Ack. Did we start this thing of ours in 2002? Man, that's a long time. Team personnel has been drastically upholstered. I was thinking: Am I going to grow old with this team? Too weird to contemplate further. New venue. Not as convenient as the Bishop's Finger. But convenient in more ways than location. A passage of darkness upstairs. Rancid smelling staircase. Piss and wood polish. A dishevelled room. Pretty little M&S sandwiches. Admittedly, I'll miss the sausage sarnies and chips. No more smoking. Booooo. Bayley probably says HOORAY! Forgot to mention something vital. Oh yes. Victory. Comfortable enough. Large, exhalating relief. But it was close after the third round. I think. Or at least it seemed that way. Thinking of omens for the new season. Why do I get worried when there is no reason to? Should have got a handle on the new Cabinet. Not that it affected me. Drinking pints of coke and NOT real ale. Never. Sugar me up and rot my gnashers. I got 15. A satisfactory personal tally. Jesse is the Motorway King. He got 18 in the main match. He disputed that Kansas City was a twin city with St Louis. He could be right. Actually, he's always right about geography. I bet his match report isn't as weird as this one. Chris Moyles was also called a "comedian" by Quizzica. No reference to his DJing. Bad bad question. Since he is about as funny as testicular cancer. Affecting both testicles. Mark shouldn't sit at number three. Seeing as he isn't British born and bred. If you know what I mean. It is the cursed seat, says Jesse. However, Mark is the Battles King. He got the years for Tewkesbury and Flodden Field. He was also accosted by a hooker before his arrival. Which was funny. The look on his face as he told his tale. Good friendly from the Old Itonians. I even got a question on a canal. A canal for Chrissakes! Even if it was the only British Roman one I've heard of. Mr Donald Yule was asked a question on the Red Hot Chilli Peppers. You can guess his reaction. Our modern pop culture knowledge proved to be decisive. I am mixing up references to the questions from the league match and friendly. Because both seem to merge into a two-legged game. When you aren't using Southport and Formby sets and specially written ones instead. And you should always be interested in the ones you don't answer and should answer. My Guardian was used as a wine bottle coaster. My mumbled protests were obviously infrasonic. It was thoroughly wettened. I decided to keep it and breath on it hand-dryer style. Wheezy, smoker cough hand-dryer-style. Still haven't read it. Don't think I actually will. It's all blurred and besmirched and folded into illegibility. You save something and destroy it through sheer laziness. Discussing team selection on the Tube home. Just how do we decide the suitable playing quartet for each team? Testing? Ballot? Dreaded fear of losing? A bowl-out? Gladiators foam batons? I miss that Scottish ref on a Saturday night. This is getting too random. Oh, the new questions. There seemed to be no discernible change. Or are we just blind to the ebb and flow of question gettabilty? Since the harder they come the same we do. Up to a certain point.

PS
I've just sent out my new 502-question quiz out for testing. I've given it the tentative title Now That's What I Call A Gigantic Quiz 4! The name is subject to change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home