Thursday, December 13, 2007

Telling You More Lies

Emotional Maturity
I did say I was going to post part two of my EQC report but alas, I misplaced faith in my own abilities to spruce up and publish massive, humungous article excerpts on the day of my 29th birthday. Instead, a bit of navel-gazing. More than two and a half years ago in another blogging outlet of mine, I said the following words (the" we" really referring to "I"):

"We’re young but we’ll age disgracefully. It is a place where cynicism has usurped responsibility; where knowledge means more than practicality and melancholy has conquered the emotional spectrum. It is a place, which breeds a certain sort of contentment. And I’m happy about that. It just means that I know I have to grow out of it some time, or run away to a beach shack in Goa."

Truth is, I still feel about the same: i.e. content in my strange little own way. A kind of peace and emotional equilibrium I am perfectly happy with. And that's all I ever asked for - contentedness - during most of my twenties. Now say goodbye to those years of youth. BOO-HOO!

Actual quiz stuff tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home