Monday, November 27, 2006

Blogging ... wassat?

It's almost been a week since I last updated. This may not be much of a surprise to people who know what has happened.

Came nowhere in the PEN quiz a few hours ago (okay 14th= out of 40 odd) and tried not to stare at Anne Robinson and Nick Hornby and Celia Walden and Julian Fellowes. There were many other famous people there as per usual (I didn't have the guts to take out my cameraphone and act like a bloody idiotic-looking tourist at Madame Tussauds). Mariella Frostrup hosted and I must say: I say I say. Piers Morgan announced the raffle and was crap compared to Will Self, who performed the same task last year with far more surreal tangents and less rubbish jokes about Boris Johnson's wandering eye. Self also looked dead cool wafting out of the place with his black ruck sack slung over one shoulder and giant cigar clamped between his lips.

Before that, I did the Thursday comedy thing for ITV2 with Adam Bloom, during which I found out my Norwegian grandmother had passed away (lunchtime to be exact). Which made the experience slightly weirder and definitely more stomach churning.

So in two hours I'm getting to Heathrow to get a plane to Norway, pay my condolences and come back tomorrow. Modern life is so fast and zippy isn't it? I never thought I'd do that when I grew up. That is, spend £340 on a one-night holiday in the land of the fjords and many deep blue lakes. But such is life. Ready to suck your bank balance dry at a moment's notice through necessity.

Yes, the EQC is still on and ready to enhance my weirdly sudden jetset lifestyle. My preparation has taken a bit of a hit to be honest though. As you might expect. But then again, I always work better in adverse/hungover/stinking ill conditions. Not tired though. That really kills me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home