Thursday, January 11, 2007

The Break

Worried correspondents have texted and emailed me to enquire about my health due to the radio silence here and they and you will be glad to know that I am not typing this from the netherworld. No, not at all and thank you for your slightly misplaced concern (I don't think along the lines of "Blogito ergo sum" ... I was perfectly alive and well before I started this cyberspace noodling lark). I thought I'd just use the Xmas holidays and the post-festive period to take a little breather and do ruminative things like bitch about how dreary January is and sort out stuff like my tax bill (now that's scary).

And, maybe, I also wanted people to realise just like Joni Mitchell that you don't know what you've got till it's gone. I do this for free. It takes time and effort. Not that I want to start on a patronising and self-indulgent lecture on the nature of blogging. I'm sure you understand.

I am, in fact, considering some quiz event and TV options, you know stuff like that. Getting back into work and generally returning to some sense of normality - spring, summer come quickly please.

However, I fear it was one of those holidays which I want to have a holiday from: emotional rollercoaster on multiple fronts. Partying hard etc. Unlike Amy Winehouse, if they asked me to go into rehab, I might just say: "Yes! Yes! Yes!" The amount of rust or, er, brain damage sustained during may well have been apparent during the first QLL match back on Tuesday. I scored 4 - my lowest ever in the history of my time in the league. I could blame the questions (now that would be a surprise), but there were one or two two-pointers that should have raised my final tally above the embarrassing levels, or is that depths?

Nevertheless, we still won (40-38 vs. Atletico) and stay unbeaten at the top of the league. Time for a subdued "yippee".

Anyway, I think I may clean up my room and have myself (no practical resolutions for me this new year; they be of the creative and ambitious kind). I just thought I'd tell you that. Byeee.

NB Posts will be sporadic until TQB's first anniversary next month, but may appear here from time to time, subject to all manner of kinds of health and willingness.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bitching about how dreary January is is okay, Mr Quiz Guy - you should try living in New Zealand when January (wet and cold today) is meant to be SUMMER...

But - gasp - you pay TAXES?

Enjoy your 'break' and forgive my intemperate Grrrrring when I surf your blog on a weekly basis and note that you still haven't updated, heh heh.

Properispomenon <- My nickname, and well worth checking out in the dictionary for whenever you run into a Quizmaster with a Greek bent!

8:23 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

You're not dead! Good.

4:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home