Sunday, April 08, 2007

"Interesting...Very Interesting...Look at his face...Just look at his face"

Knockabout Chatter
While I have been writing something up along the lines of My Defence by Ashely Cole, but with fancy words like "diegetic" and "symbiosis" and only slightly less whining about life's cruel injustices, here are some of the noted text exchanges of the evening. The banter.

NB Bear in mind, my responses are laden with irony, sarcasm and exaggeration. Those who are acquainted with me fully well know my sense of humour is the driest in the land and I can talk some fine crap, yes indeedy. But, to be honest, you can never rule a bit of self-justification out.

------
CB: Silent assasin?you bloody gay!
------
JH: Idiot. I knew those answers. Haddock. God. What a prick.
Me: Course u did. Dillweed. Did u like my theme music? In 2003 it was Feel Good Hit Of The Summer. I'm losing my cool cachet.
JH: Of course you are. You are getting old. No longer the rock and roll quizzer. Now you are a quiet assassin. Oh how you have fallen.
------
DS Mackerel !? (REST CENSORED DUE TO BORING ADMIN AND USE OF PHRASE "FAT TOSSER")
Me Not u as well. I was thinking about texture mkay. They've set me up for the fall at 8.50. Steph got 2 more than me. But next week's show [actually, the week after] is much better for me. Even if I smashed someone's dreams and made her cry. Three times.
------
DB 'quiz legend TQG'?
Me Do you think I call myself such things? I be mortified for the whole evening. They MAKE us say things.
DB Hey,watch out for that dark horse. She's doing it 4 essex blondes,y'know.
Me I did her questions. I got 26 ergo I rule!
DB yeahyeah
------
RW Congratulations you genius! I'm all sweaty after jumping up and down to bis
Me What? Quiz legend TQG was INCREDIBLY beaten by essex girl steph. Disgusting narration
Me Oh no i'm so sorry. Youre still a genius though!
------

And for the record: I've never bloody eaten or seen kedgeree. I've only read up its ingredients in a "must look at foreign dishes in vague manner for five minutes" way, so I was grasping white fish out of the air. With similar TEXTURE, obviously. Or so I thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home