Wednesday, September 20, 2006

It begins



I did take some brand new shiny photos of the Broken Hearts, but guess what? I didn't save them and send them to my email address and now they are lost to history forever! Instead, Cheryl Baker wants to tell you about thinning hair.

The QLL phoney war started yesterday with the obligatory pre-season get together last night dahn Stockwell way.

Mark, Sean, Jesse (the new beleaguered Team Sec) and I said our hellos to the familiar faces. It is our fifth season out of the 17 that have ever been, which feels plain weird. Five is a commitment. Five is the first few tentative steps on the road to lifelong devotion. My feeling is get out when you can.

There was a nice little table quiz set by John McDonnell and despite leading at halfway, we stumbled in somewhere, not sure where actually, somewhere disappointing though.

Mark was particularly vexed by the fact that Seven Sisters is not a constellation. I would talk more about the questions, but ... I won't. Our newest playing squad member and Mastermind-runner up, Mark gave me a shiny Mastermind quiz book from 1979, which was awfully kind of him. It is the Aussie version, so let's not be hearing "Oh, I've got that one!", and looks kind good. In fact it even has specially designed yellow card cover for hiding the pages with the answers on it. And, wow, it even has pictures in it. Pictures of Louis Riel and Sir Cecil Hardwicke. Doesn't the thought just turn you on?

And since it was in return for writing the c.6000 questions on this blog, I now expect from others similar payments in kind for the service I have provided. Shares in Google, platinum mining rights in the Congo, more quiz books I have never seen before and deem "acceptable" you know, precious things.

Finally questions: As was mentioned in the Team Times newsletter, can we beat Allsorts? Can a bear beat a shark in a fight? Can I be arsed to get out of bed and do something constructive today? Maybe, not sure and no way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home