Monday, November 13, 2006

"She reads Leviathan"

Bedhead Monday

Apparently, because I've mentioned drinking a few times it appears that I have become a raging alcoholic who likes eating Special K cereal bars soaked in cognac for breakfast. This is not so. I'm even still thinking of giving it up.

I've also just realised that today's date is November 13, and I will be in Paris on December 1 to compete in the European Quiz Championships. I'm slightly worried because I haven't even bothered to do any work yet. In fact, I'm in an emergent blind panic and am about to make some weird noises, like a worried gibbon.

Last year, I prepared by reading Bill Bryson's A Short History of Nearly Everything and EH Gombrich's A Little History of the World. They helped me about as much as a thong in a snowstorm in the end, though I think Bryson aided me once at the WQC.

But because I want to maintain the futile silliness I purchased another non-fiction work to lay some EQC groundwork: The Culture of the Europeans: From 1800 to the Present by Donald Sassoon. Unfortunately, I seem to have overplayed my hand: I simply can't be arsed to go diving into it. Maybe, it has something to do with it being 1617 pages long.

Otherwise, I foresee a few days of cocooning myself in good old revision. Goodbye social life, hello beardiness and being a weird hermit, muttering quiz questions to himself while watching early morning Hoobs and reeking of duty free Luckies (the filters are rubbish). Hmm, yes. I'm already looking forward to it.

Lulu question count: 875

Doing the Lulu book is really hard. It takes so long. Makes me sleepy. However, I want to take this opportunity to say the questions really are ace and they're well worth the £17 I will probably be forced to charge for it.

"Do not tell me I've changed. You're just raising your standards."

An imaginary cookie for whoever can name the headline and above italicised song lyrics!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think ill head home

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home