Friday, November 17, 2006

Friday Night Bites

I feel gruesome. And, yes, it is all my own fault. Last night - gah. Thus, I have to stay at home for one more day to regain my equilibrium. This does not bode well for my EQC preparation, even though I have been going about it in a surrogate fashion by getting on with accumulating Lulu questions. Though I'm thinking, erm, perhaps there are too many questions on Buddhism. Apart from that, I've been quite lackadaisical and have been drinking 100% Juice Bar Del Monte Pineapple juice for a fair few hours. I don't know why I mentioned that. Maybe, it is because ever since I wrote that excessive review of Starter for Ten, I feel the need for word greed. Here's a few more words: punctilious, schmooze, loqacious. Have I even spelt them correctly?

But look how they fight over me. Whoever proves their greatest love for me, yes, that will be my home (I'm joking). So I am waiting with bated breath to see whether I am in the England senior side. If I am not selected the vengeance will be swift, brutal and bloody (I might be joking).

Cursory QLL report: Broken Hearts 55-34 Animals
Animals have never beaten us in five seasons. Nothing changed. Emphatic fashion etc. Robert Willer reported that "there was another impressive performance by Broken Hearts, who demolished Animals to stay top". So, wow, we are in a very dominant position at the summit of Division I, only slightly undermined by the fact our points difference suffered from the Uncosy no-show. Thoughts of winning the title, however, provoked the teasing thought in Stainer that we would be the upstart quasi-Arsenal team, who would have to prove their true mettle by winning consecutive titles and breaking the Chelsea/Man United/Allsorts stranglehold.

However, I'll forget about our glorious victory (though much glory is sucked out of it by the weird emptiness of The Priory Arms's top room) and instead focus on my silly boo-boo: saying that Togo's football team are nicknamed The Black Stars.

"It's on the flag", said Jesse.

"So what?" I replied.

But he was right. I wasn't thinking. The mind's focus narrowed to the narrowness of that very small street in Exeter. The very smallest of the small (man, I feel disgusting, urgh, me writing rubbishy crap now). Jesse made another remark about myself beating him 17-16. A frustrated remark. It's like a mini-battle every time. I mean, I'm not that competitive, though the aggressor is always likely to goad the cited rival into some form of equally silly action. Next time I win the duel I will surely do a victory dance around Jesse and scream "In your face!" repeatedly. In his face. Because that is dignified behaviour.

Oh yeah, Stainer came out of "retirement" ("For one night only, the Broken Hearts co-founder!!") and scored a full house. Just like that. Robert had something to say about that as well: "- no doubt the rest of the Division will be hoping his appearances remain infrequent!"

Lulu Question Count: 1132
I'm getting there. Just 450 more and I'll start combing the BH quizzes for the rest. The finishing line is in sight. Yay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home