Saturday, May 13, 2006

Le Weekend

I GIVE YOU: the t-shirt that Time Out considered "rather trendy".



Unfortunately it's also a bit smelly now, which means it needs a wash, and, you say, well that never stopped you from wearing certain whiffy items of clothing before, and I'll say, I've changed my friend, and then hit you over the head with a brick for your insolence.

But it is the very first photo on this blog, meaning this is a momentous occasion even if the picture quality is rubbish. You can also see my toes. Last night, by coincidence, I was told to retake a photo because the cigarette I was holding had made a white diagonal bar across the viewfinder, rendering the picture silly and ruined. That's all I have to say on the matter. And no longer will I make reference to the t-shirt that was thought (SHUT UP, YOU DIVVY). Thanks I needed that. Never again will I mention the (CUT).


Business
Right. I don't quite have the time to get quizzical today, seeing as I have to be in Chichester in a few hours, which will turn into six hours because of my current tendency to procrastinate and be so late that it is almost way past fashionable and into the "so last year" category of entrances. I am getting so late that I will miss engagements and instead turn up a week earlier for some.

But what has been the funniest thing I've seen lately? Has to be the Ambiguously Gay Duo. Inspired by Batman and his catamite Robin (it's obvious isn't it?) and voiced by Steve Carell and hero de jour Stephen Colbert, the AGD cartoons packed full of dialogue to do with "holes" and "thrust" and lines like "You're obsessed with this gay thing". Hilarious.

Also, reminds me of the best Brokeback Mountain parody trailer I've seen lately. I thought they were getting ultra lame until I saw He Man and Man-at-Arms GET IT ON. Kind of. Brokeback Snake Mountain has added poignancy for adding childhood memories into the remix. Now we see, for before we were blind and into buying all the action figures. YouTube.com is possibly the greatest ever website in history, if you ask me right now what website has the potential for changing people's long ingrained habits. It is a treasure chest fit to bursting with all sorts of obscure, amusing and amazing crap.

Frustrations That Will Turn Me Into a Super Villain no. 1
Coming home with the Saturday or Sunday newspapers and finding the magazine supplements have somehow vanished in transit or even before we bought them. Hear me roar in pain. Aaaarrrgggghhh. I have to go out and buy The Guardian again. Curse, you The Guide, for being the best supplement in the whole kaboodle shedongdong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home