Friday, July 07, 2006

STILL writing about the MQ quiz

No, it hasn't taken over my life (he protests feebly).

I have 42 papers back of the 134 who requested the MQ. The return rate has dwindled to a trickle with one in the last two days. Where be the rest?

I know that the deadline is in a week, but I fear the rejection rate will be almost a third, which would be a great pity. After all, I won't email the answers and they will never ever know exactly how much they would have got.

However, let's wait and see. I am optimistic that the majority will come through, after all the feedback I've got so far regarding the MQ has been overwhelmingly positive.

In the meantime, I actually gone ahead and written the World knowledge 501-question (and yes, with 501, rather than 499). I can safely say it is far better than the previous, shoddy, Britishised effort. It has more academia but also more easier stuff. This is because all the UK-centred stuff has been substantially reduced allowing other subject material in. The Colossus (yes, new silly name) will make you happy if you do it, I assure you.

Once that is done, I will investigate what worked best and devise a model and quiz that will be even better. The third, however, will not be done for many months, as I have other pending projects. And yes, I will ask for a fee. After 1000-freebies, I reckon I deserve it. After all as Dr Johnson almost said, nobody but a blockhead ever set giant quizzes for free.

2 Comments:

Blogger CHRIS said...

I did mine last sunday but have been too lazy to drive 3 miles to the dreary depths of Wick and place it through your letter box. Don't be surprised if i come last as some of the answers involve you.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

I've printed it out, but haven't had a spare three hours since...

2:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home